As legal departments adopt a more strategic approach to their operations, the collection, management and analysis of data is becoming more prevalent. And its influence is being felt everywhere.
From the buying of legal services, to project management and the way legal services are delivered, data is driving and supporting the work of lawyers in organisations across the globe. At this year’s Legal Procurement Conference APAC, we’ll be exploring the growing influence and use of data in legal operations and offering some practical suggestions about how to put it to work in your organisation.
- Richard Burcher of Validatum will kick things off with a keynote on Pricing before Neil Sahota guides us through An AI Intro for LegalTech. He’ll tell us what AI is, what it isn’t, and its potential to rock the legal world.
- Hei Cheng of the Australian Taxation Office and Allen’s Pier D’Angelo along with the Buying Legal Council’s Silvia Hodges Silverstein will then take us through a diverse panel discussion on Innovation in the Buying of Legal Services.
- We’ll then shift our focus from how we buy legal services, to how we deliver them, with a TED style talk from Michelle Mahoney of King & Wood Mallesons about The Evolution of Data in the Delivery of Legal Services.
- Joanne Rees and Emma Walters from Allygroup will follow this up with a fresh look at Legal Project Management. Using real life case studies, they’ll discuss why legal project management skills are a must-have, the mindset required for success and how (and why) proper scoping can help control costs.
- We’ll finish up with two workshops and a panel discussion. Tim Corocoran of Corcoran Consulting Group will walk us through Incorporating Business Discipline into the Legal Function while Lawcadia’s Warwick Walsh and Sacha Kirk will facilitate a Design Thinking Workshop on Removing Conscious and Unconscious Bias in Decision Making. To finish, Anna Golovsky of IAG and Woolworths’ Neil Cook will join KPMG’s Jamie Levy for a panel discussion on Legal Operations and Leveraging Data.
Sounds like something you’d like to be part of?
We’d love you to join us at this year’s event. Tickets are on sale now until the 29th of July 2019. For more information, visit the official event website, or contact us.