What will it take to continue advancing women in law over the next 100 years?
We are excited to announce that we are supporting an upcoming lunch event, Year 101: Women in Law, exploring diversity in the legal industry.
Attending will be high profile leaders in the Australian legal industry to take part in a forward-focused conversation discussing the challenges, opportunities and their vision for the next 100 years.
- Dr. Kirstin Ferguson – Non-Executive Director and Chair
- The Hon. Justice Sarah Derrington – Judge, Federal Court of Australia
- Justine Rowe – Legal Services Executive – Enterprise, Telstra
- Rolf Moses – Chief Executive Officer, Queensland Law Society
- Kristen Podagiel – Managing Partner, McCullough Robertson
In particular, the panel will explore:
- What do we expect from our industry and the next generation of leaders (both male and female) to ensure progression?
- What needs to change to allow the next phase to progress in a constructive and considered way?
- What are the systems, processes and structures that need to be established or reinvented over the next five years?
- How will we hold ourselves accountable for leading this change?
The event will be on the Thursday 24 October 2019 at the W Brisbane.